You’ve certainly heard about the tragedy in Las Vegas. Active shooter training can help. I went through this training and it makes me feel a little more empowered.
Some proactive things your organization can do.
- Conduct effective employee screening and background checks. Check in with supervisors and create an open door policy to encourage discussion about employees.
- Employee engagement
- Create a system for reporting signs of potentially violent behavior.
- Make counseling services available to employees.
- Put mental health and stress relief into your monthly newsletter.
- Develop an EAP which includes policies and procedures for dealing with an active shooter situation, as well as after action planning.
For more about how to conduct active shooter training and workplace violence prevention, please contact David Schofield at 781-239-7625 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Providing Peace of Mind Through Proactive Service
Deland, Gibson: a Trusted Choice, Five Star Accredited independent insurance agency. Established in Massachusetts in 1900, Deland, Gibson is a 4th generation family-run insurance agency that has thrived working as a trusted advisor for its client base. We work with individuals and businesses to lower their Total Cost of Risk. We analyze a client’s direct and indirect costs and implement risk reduction plans to address areas of business, hazard, or strategic risk.