You’ve certainly heard about the tragedy in Las Vegas. Active shooter training can help. I went through this training and it makes me feel a little more empowered.
Some proactive things your organization can do.
- Conduct effective employee screening and background checks. Check in with supervisors and create an open door policy to encourage discussion about employees.
- Employee engagement
- Create a system for reporting signs of potentially violent behavior.
- Make counseling services available to employees.
- Put mental health and stress relief into your monthly newsletter.
- Develop an EAP which includes policies and procedures for dealing with an active shooter situation, as well as after action planning.
Providing Peace of Mind Through Proactive Service
Deland, Gibson: a Trusted Choice, Five Star Accredited independent insurance agency. Established in Massachusetts in 1900, Deland, Gibson is a 4th generation family-run insurance agency that has thrived working as a trusted advisor for its client base. We work with individuals and businesses to lower their Total Cost of Risk. We analyze a client’s direct and indirect costs and implement risk reduction plans to address areas of business, hazard, or strategic risk.