As the holidays approach, golfers will try to get in every round possible, and clubhouses will fill with holidays parties and corporate functions. It’s a great time of year overall but, also to solidify the member experience during the “offseason”. Come early 2017, clubs and staff will finally breathe and begin preparations for the upcoming season. This is exactly when our team thrives in helping our golf club clients implement proactive measures that protect them, the staff, members, and facilities. The more preparation we accomplish during the offseason, the better positioned the club to execute a successful season. So, aside from repairing, cleaning the clubhouse and trimming the golf course, what can be accomplished:
Formal planning with Board of Directors/committees to address:
- What are your top 3 goals for Membership?
- What are your top 3 goals for greens?
- What are your top 3 goals for the Club’s finances?
Disaster Planning/Crisis Management
- What happens if you have an active shooter on site? Are Staff/Members trained in Run, Hide, Fight?
- If the clubhouse becomes uninhabitable, are staff and members trained on exit strategy?
- How will the club accommodate scheduled functions?
- How do you mitigate turnover, handle grievances in the workplace?
UN GHS Compliance
- Are staff trained in chemical handling?
- Do your labels, training, MSDS’ comply with the new UN standard?
If your Superintendent leaves tomorrow, is your staff prepared to follow-through on the Maintenance Standards?
How do you control your vendors’ behavior on premises, how do you ensure they’re covered?
Is your property open to cross-country skiers, sledding during the winter?
Slip & Fall
- How does your Staff handle a slip & fall?
- Are you protecting your club from a slip and fall that occurred within 3 years?
- Do you know who was there to address the injured?
Commercial Insurance Audit
- How are you portrayed to underwriters?
- How do your risk management strategies compare to other clubs?
- How does your broker help you proactively address risk?
- How have your healthcare costs and plan design changed over the last 3-5 years?
- How do you control your healthcare costs?
- Are you compliant with the ACA, and are you tracking your Full-time equivalent employees?
The ”Offseason” is a great time to prepare for 2017 and beyond, and to improve what you’ve already accomplished.
Providing Peace of Mind Through Proactive Service
Deland, Gibson: a Trusted Choice, Five Star Accredited independent insurance agency. Established in Massachusetts in 1900, Deland, Gibson is a 4th generation family-run insurance agency that has thrived working as a trusted advisor for its client base. We work with individuals and businesses to lower their Total Cost of Risk. We analyze a client’s direct and indirect costs and implement risk reduction plans to address areas of business, hazard, or strategic risk.